Outlook on fixed income: bonds from a strategic viewpoint
- Lacklustre economic growth means interest rates are unlikely to rise.
- Demand for shorter-dated bonds to remain robust.
- Modest but stable economic growth is helpful for corporate bonds.
- Inflationary pressures could begin to constrain the Federal Reserve from the spring.
- Default rates in the corporate bond market have edged higher (although they haven’t spiked).
- Political uncertainty could place strains on the bond market.
Full Article here – https://www.artemisfunds.com/en/gbr/adviser/investment-insights/2019/dec/artemis-outlook-for-fixed-income-2020?utm_source=fundswire_b2b
Article originally published by Artemis. Greenfields Financial Management is not responsible for its content or accuracy and may not share the author’s views. News and research are not personal recommendations to deal. All investments can fall in value so you could get back less than you invest.